Types of Yoga:
Free Online Classes and Guides:
Yoga Pose Glossaries:
Modifications for Accessibility:
- Eyes Free Yoga
- Curvy Yoga
- Sun Salutations for Plus Size: DeColonizing Yoga (*)
- Chair Yoga: Spark People
Yoga for Menstrual Pain:
Yoga for Bedtime/Insomnia:
- Bedtime Yoga Sequence (*)
- Morning Routine: Tara Stiles (*)
- Dashama (*)
- Ekhart Yoga (*)
- Ace Fitness
Yoga for Stomach Pain and Sickness:
Yoga for Flexibility:
- Becky-Fitness (rebloggable version here)
- Flexibility and Range of Motion: Tara Stiles (*)
- Flexibility Flow: Tara Stiles (*)
Yoga for Posture and Back Pain:
- LiveStrong Woman: Tara Stiles (*)
- Sarah Beth Yoga (*)
- Women’s Health
- Deborah Burkham
Yoga for Runners:
Yoga as Cardio:
- Runner’s World
- Yoga with Adriene (*)
- Buttkickin’ Power Yoga: Duncan Yoga (*)
- Cardio Warm-Up: BexLife (*)
Purchase Yoga Equipment:
Practicing Yoga Respectfully and Consciously:
- Examining Power, Privilege and Oppression in Yoga Service
- Why I Left Yoga
- Yoga and the Exclusion of People of Color
- The Difference Between Cultural Exchange and Cultural Appropriation
- Is “Fitness Yoga” Cultural Appropriation?
- The Yoga Debate
WARNING! Links marked with (*) will open directly into a video or gif.
Sally Pearson …strong woman
YOGA FOR HANDSTAND : Strenghten your arms, work your core, challenge your balance, do a handstand.
From top left, line by line :
- plank pose - chaturanga - upward facing dog - side plank
- forearm plank - side forearm plank - bridge pose variation - upward plank pose
- crow pose prep ( one leg up, hold for a few breaths) - modified side plank - half moon pose - extended cat pose
Preparing for inversions, getting used to be upside down :
- downward facing dog - dolphin pose ( preparing for forearm stand) - headstand prep ( lift one leg, hold, and eventually lift both legs to get into a headstand) - standing straddle pose ( preparing for tripod headstand)
- handstand prep - your success at doing a handstand
> Practice inversions against a wall, be careful !
Once you are comfortable in a headstand ( against a wall or not), move to forearm stand, and then practice handstand against the wall.
Incredible Squash Pizza! Vegan, gluten free, and grain free!
I’m tired of people constantly asking me where I get my protein/iron/zinc/calcium from when they wouldn’t even care when I wasn’t vegan. There are different lifestyles out there and this information is not to turn you vegan, but just to open your mind. I’m tired of hearing about how restrictive this lifestyle is. It’s really not, trust me. Here are some resources with the most useful vegan information I have found over the months. I am still learning about being vegan, but if I would have to pick a vegan starter kit, this would be it.
Vegan Starter Kit – Covering the basic who, what, when, where and why J
The Young Person’s Guide to Veganism - This is the most useful site that’ll answer all of your questions about being a vegan, the q&a section is absolutely brilliant.
Baking Substitutions – are you a baker? I found vegan food to have even more flavour and texture than non vegan, using amazing substitutes!
Videos that changed my views
Gary Yourofsky - Why Vegan – I watched this several times.
From Excuse-tarian to Vegan – I just discovered this lady a few days ago and she gives you some amazing information about veganism that I haven’t heard from other speakers. Her interpretation is brilliant.
Vegucated – 3 meat eaters decide to go vegan and get vegucated! They visit slaughterhouses and everything and it’s amazing how much their view changes by the end of the documentary.
Vegan Blogs (There is a lot more but these are my favorites)
Like holy shit, LOOK AT ALL THE NOTES ON THIS!